With the joint release of PLAXIS 2D CONNECT Edition V20 and PLAXIS 3D CONNECT Edition V20, geotechnical analysis enters Bentley’s CONNECTED Data Environment (CDE): an open, integrated framework to enable collaboration, improve decision making, and deliver better project outcomes and better performing assets. Plaxis BV users now have full access with PLAXIS CONNECT Edition version 20.0 which includes streamlined user experience, increased performance and productivity, advanced workflows, enhanced modeling capabilities, cloud enablement and in-product learning.
- Subscription Entitlement Service (SES) Licensing. The new PLAXIS releases use the same licensing system as the rest of the applications in your Bentley Playbook.
- Loft polycurves and Blend surfaces. Both these tools can be used to provide smooth transitions between non-homogeneous sections.
- Girder definition in tunnel designer. Tunnels are often reinforced with transverse ribs. These can now be modelled as curved beam elements located at specific intervals in the 3D Tunnel Designer.
- NURBS curves. Use NURBS curves to model arbitrary shapes in 3D.
- Line pass / Cross section curves. Create cross-section curveplots from any arbitrary line cross-section, structural element or centerline generated from the Structural forces in volume piles tool.
- Field stress per cluster. The Field Stress initial calculation type allows directly specifying in situ stress conditions on a volume of soil.
- Dynamic with consolidation calculation type. Simulate the coupling between soil deformations and transient seepage in the dynamic loading phase of PLAXIS 3D with the new advanced calculation type ‘Dynamic with consolidation’.
- Scriptable SoilTest. You can now automate the simulation of laboratory tests in order to fit the material model’s parameters.
In addition to improved capabilities, you also have the flexibility of purchasing software the way you need for your business model with perpetual licenses and subscription programs, portfolio balancing, and license pooling.
Learn more about the value of CONNECT Edition and download the new version here