PLAXIS CONNECT Edition version 20.0 includes streamlined user experience, increased performance and productivity, advanced workflows, enhanced modeling capabilities, cloud enablement, and in-product learning. With the new release of PLAXIS 2D CONNECT Edition V20 Update 1 (V20.01) and PLAXIS 3D CONNECT Edition V20 Update 1 (V20.01) new features are available to take the next step in automating digital workflows by introducing integrations with Bentley System’s ProjectWise and with the Bentley Cloud Services option you can now define the association of a Connected Bentley project to a PLAXIS project.
The list of new features in PLAXIS 2D and/or PLAXIS 3D.
- Quick start window: The Quick select window has been redesigned to show the latest news and the state of licences too. It also has a new look and feel and is renamed to "Quick start".
- Improved User Interface: The user interface for the PLAXIS applications has been updated with new Bentley icons and images. A splash screen is now being shown at startup of the Input and Output applications.
- Compressed storage of result files: In the phase settings, it is now possible to enable compression for result files. Compressed files are smaller in size but there is a small performance overhead when opening them in PLAXIS Output.
- Improved the command for modifying soil layer levels: It is now possible to change several soil layer levels of a borehole at once, providing better performance for large models.
- Improvements in meshing embedded beam elements (PLAXIS 3D only): Mesh generation of embedded beam elements has been improved. Improvements have been made both in performance and in the resulting mesh quality.
- New constitutive soil models: PLAXIS UDSM. The PLAXIS installation now comes with all PLAXIS User Defined Soil Models (UDSM), including newly developed constitutive (soil) models.
- New location for the PLAXIS Python Distribution: The PLAXIS Python Distribution is now stored in a new location, in the ProgramData folder, allowing for both PLAXIS 2D and PLAXIS 3D applications to use all available modules, while keeping them up to date and fully compatible.
The following features are released as Technology Preview features.
- Importing SOILVISION Models – Technology Preview – (PLAXIS 2D only): SOILVISION's SVSLOPE 2D model geometry and soil material placeholders can be imported from the File menu.
- Westergaard’s Added Mass – Technology Preview: Westergaard’s Added Mass feature has been added, which can be used to model the effects of any liquid against a structure under dynamic loading conditions (earthquakes). E.g. the inertial effects, or additional hydrostatic pressure of a mass of water or liquid against a dam or wall.
- ProjectWise integration – Technology Preview: Now it is possible to open a project from a ProjectWise data source or add a local project to it.
- PLAXIS 2D to 3D converter – Technology Preview: PLAXIS 2D to 3D converter has been added in PLAXIS 2D Input’s Expert menu. Now you can easily bring your PLAXIS 2D model into PLAXIS 3D.
- Command-line autocomplete – Technology Preview: The Command-line autocomplete feature makes using the command line easier by automatically suggesting commands and object names. It can be enabled and disabled from the Options menu.
PLAXIS 2D CONNECT Edition V20 and PLAXIS 3D CONNECT Edition V20 can be downloaded via the Bentley Software Downloads pages.