Geoengineer.org is pleased to launch a video with a selection of the most captivating news that were posted in its Geotechnical News Center in 2017.
Geoengineer.org is pleased to launch a video with a selection of the most captivating news that were posted in its Geotechnical News Center in 2017. Big things happened in 2017 at the Geotechnical world and here's what you might have missed over the last 12 months or what we think are worth another look!
It's been a fascinating year for us, posting a total of 317 interesting news in Geoengineer.org's News Center in 2017. Here is a compilation of the most captivating news this year. Tune in daily to the Geoengineer.org News Center for the most interesting news in geotechnical engineering.
Click here to watch the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAh8unljgJ0&feature=youtu.be
You can find below the list of the featured news included in the video:
- Italian village torn apart by slow-moving landslide
- Geopier introduces the GeoConcrete® Column On-Site Installation and Animation
- Landslide in Greece cuts off access to an entire village
- Peru hotel collapses into river in dramatic caught on camera video
- Humboldt introduces the Electrical Density Gauge
- Landslide in San Bernardino County California
- GeoWorld network of geotechs upgrades platform
- Landslide Destroys Homes in Bolivia
- Maltas Azure Window has collapsed after heavy storms
- Dam collapse in Paraguay causes major flooding
- The City of Helsinki leverages Bentley's reality modeling software to create 3D city model
- Novotech becomes the distributor of CivilFEM software in North America
- Kyrgyzstan Landslide leaves at least 24 people dead
- Gilson launches its HM-500 Pocket Penetrometer
- Deadly M5.5 earthquake hits Xinjiang, China
- Massive landslide buries part of California Highway
- Greek village Anargyroi in the region of Kozani, evacuated after huge mining-induced landslide
- Geocomp boasts capacities for Coal Combustion Residuals Facilities
- Tsunami waves kill 4 people in Greenland
- Deadly landslide occurs in Sichuan province, China
- Unprecedented rainfall causes the death of at least 11 people in Japan
- Deadly M6.6 earthquake hits Kos Island, Greece
- Residents evacuate after mudslide hits Swiss-Italian border village
- Pile Dynamics demonstrates how to Operate Shaft Quantitative Inspection Device (SQUID)
- Devastating landslide hits Sierra Leone’s capital Death toll rises to 500
- Burst Dam In Laos Sends Workers Running For Their Lives
- Ruptured Dam Forces 70,000 To Evacuate Puerto Rico
- Mexico gets hit again by deadly M7.1 earthquake, killing at least 250 people
- Mexico's Popocatépetl volcano erupts again
- World’s first floating wind farm powers up offshore Scotland
- Vietnam floods and landslides leave dozens dead
- Hayward Baker is helping to preserve and restore a historic US Government facility in Southern California
- Deadly typhoon kills three in Japan
- "Geo-Trends Review" : The first crowdsourcing-based content magazine in Geotechnical Engineering launched!
- Flash floods turned roads into torrents of mud and debris on the Western outskirts of Athens, Greece
- The death toll from the magnitude 7.3 earthquake that hit Iran's mountainous border with Iraq on Sunday, has now been raised to at least 530 people, according to Iranian officials.
- Controls introduces the Standard Triaxial system with built-in digital data acquisition
- 5 dead, 15 missing after mudslide in southern Chile
Watch Now & Share with friends and colleagues!