Geoprobe Systems® attended the annual SAWD Jubilee July 29-August 1. Geoprobe® offered four educational classes at the conference this year. The first was an indoor introduction and review of geotechnical applications using Direct Push machines.
Geoprobe Systems’ John Martinuzzi led the indoor class which covered:
· DP Platforms used in Geotechnical Applications
· DP Platforms using an auto drop hammer for SPT sampling
· Casing advancement (Hollow stem and Direct Push) in Geotechnical drilling
· CPT Systems pushed with Direct Push Platforms
The next three classes where held outside with active demonstrations being done by the Geoprobe®Team of Lee Shaw, Quinton Wilson, Kenny Thompson, Todd Courbot, and John Martinuzzi. The first outdoor class was a continuation of the first indoor session. The Geoprobe® model 7822DT performed several geotechnical applications including:
· SPT Sampling with the auto drop hammer (ASTM compliant)
· Casing advancements of hollow stem augers and driven casing
· Machine anchoring for static push (CPT equipment) applications.
A multistory building collapse in Surfside, a Mia...
The industry insight you have as a practicing eng...
The problem of changing water conditions is omnip...
Soil-structure interaction is a crucial aspect fo...