- Effects of pre-lining methods on the convergence of a tunnel
- A. Guilloux ; S. Bretelle ; F. Bienvenue
- Book Title / Journal: Geotechnical Aspects of Underground Connstruction in Soft Ground, Mair& Taylor (eds), Balkema, Rotterdam. ISBN 90 54108568
- Year: 1996
- Keywords: Tunnels ; pre-lining methods ; convergence
- Recent tunnel construction methods in soft soils have introduced ground reinforcement techniques in front of the cutting face : the use of a jet-grouting arch, a steel pipe umbrella vault or precutting are typically considered as such. The implementation of these techniques allow to minimize and control the convergence of the excavation and the ground settlements, especially in bad grounds and sensitive urban areas.