- Preliminary Study of Ground Motion Characteristics in Furukawa District, Japan, based on Very Dense Seismic-array-observation
- H. Goto ; H. Morikawa ; Y. Ogura ; S. Tokue ; X. Zhang ; M. Iwasaki ; M. Arai ; S. Sawada ; M. Inatani
- International Symposium on Engineering Lessons Learned from the Giant Earthquake, Kenchiku-kaikan, Japan, 1-4 March 2012.
- Year: 2012
- Soil Dynamics ; Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering PDF
- Strong Motion Estimation at the Elevated Bridged of the Tohoku Shinkansen Damadeg by yhe 2011 off the Pacific Coast of Tohoku Earthquake Based on Extended Site Effects Sustitution Method
- Y. Hata ; A. Nozu ; S. Nakamura ; Yo. Takahashi ; H. Goto
- Book Title / Journal: Proceedings of the International Symposium on Engineering Lessons Learned from the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake
- Year: 2012
- Soil Dynamics ; Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
- The 2011 off the Pacific coast of Tohoku, Japan, earthquake caused significant damage to engineering structures, not only due to tsunamis but also due to strong ground motions. In this paper, an extended site effects substitution method was used to estimate strong ground motions at the site of damaged elevated bridges of the Tohoku Shinkansen in Kitakami City, Iwate Prefecture, Japan, for the 2011 main shock,
with the site amplification and phase effects evaluated based on temporary aftershock
observation records at the proximity of the site.
- Identification of incident and site‐to‐site factors for ground motion coherence based on very dense seismic array observations
- S. Kimura ; H. Goto ; H. Morikawa ; S. Sawada
- TC 203 Conferences in Earthquake Engineering - 6th International Conference on Earthquake Geotechnical Engineering (Christchurch, New Zealand)