The water conservancy project is located in Guangzhou China, and its main goal is the installation of water conservancy tunnels between two cities. To improve the construction efficiency, the water conservancy project is divided into several sections for simultaneous operation. In each section, a foundation pit about 70 meters deep was dug out, and then the tunnel operation was carried out by underground excavation on both sides at the same time.
In this project, we choose an Array Displacement Meter (ADM) deformation monitoring system for automatic monitoring, mainly because this project has some requirements which the traditional inclinometer can’t meet.
As a sensor for automatic monitoring, the ADM deformation monitoring system collects the indicators of deep horizontal displacement, which is particularly important. Moreover, it has high accuracy and sensitivity, and can meet the accuracy requirements of such large-scale projects. In addition, as a complete automatic monitoring system, it can monitor the key data of the project site in real time and can easily view the data on the client side (mobile phone/computer, etc.). In case of any danger, the operator should be informed in time to avoid unnecessary loss.
(3) Compression Kit
(4) Solar Energy Sets
(5) Lighting Protection Set
(1) Borehole Check. The borehole already exists, with a designed depth of 50m.
(2) Drop ADM sensors into the borehole using a reel, something that facilitates the drop.
(3) Use compression kit to press the ADM, ensure every sensor is compressed.
(4) Installation of Solar Energy set and lighting Protection set.
(5) Connection of data logger, power on the ADM sensors.
(6) Measure the equipment twist angle and input it in Cloud Monitor software to calibrate
(Because the borehole may twist with time, when we drop the ADM, at the end parts, it will also have a twist. Therefore, we can measure the twist angle, and subsequently the software can calibrate it automatically).
(7) Open Cloud software and show the real time data.
Solution: We took more silent segments, 1m/segment. When this question appeared, we just added 2m of silent segments at the end of ADMS. So when a customer meets the same question in the field, it’s very easy to install silent segments directly.
(2) Because of the urgency of this project, there are many people and machinery at the construction site. The customer said that the solar panel is too big for such complex field.
Solution: We didn't have solution at that time in the field. But we accepted advises from the customer, then we designed a smart box, which has an integrated battery, as well as a small solar set, a data logger and a 4G module. It can continuously work with solar energy. If the weather is cloudy, the internal battery can support 3 months’ work (Collection frequency is every hour). Below you can see this new model in testing.
Looking for more information? Fill in the form and we will contact GINTEC for you.
Keller announced a new office in Montreal, Quebec...
While Keller is renowned throughout the world for...
Keller, world’s leader in geotechnical solutions,...
With the introduction of the PLAXIS CONNECT Editi...
Earth Anchoring Suppliers and CHANCE The Certifie...