- Optimizing Hydraulic Fracturing Treatment Integrating Geomechanical Analysis and Reservoir Simulation for a Fractured Tight Gas Reservoir, Tarim Basin, China
- F. Gui ; K. Rahman ; D. Moos ; V. Vassilellis ; C. Li ; Q. Liu ; F Zhang ; Ji. Peng ; X. Yuan ; G. Zou
- Book Title / Journal: Effective and Sustainable Hydraulic Fracturing
- Year: 2013 , Series: Chapter 52
- Numerical & Constitutive Modeling ; Centrifuge Testing
- Keywords: Hydraulic Fracturing Treatment ; Gas Reservoir
- A comprehensive geomechanical study was carried out to optimize stimulation for a frac‐
tured tight gas reservoir in the northwest Tarim Basin. Conventional gel fracturing and acidizing operations carried out in the field previously failed to yield the expected productivity. The objective of this study was to assess the effectiveness of slickwater or low-viscosity stimulation of natural fractures by shear slippage, creating a conductive, complex fracture network. This type of stimulation is proven to successfully exploit shale gas resources in many fields in the United States.