- GIS application for comprehensive spatial landslides analysis in Kayangan Catchment, Menoreh Mountains, Jana, Indonesia
- F. Lavigne ; N. Christano ; G. Samodra ; J. Sartohadi ; D.S. Hadmoko
- Book Title / Journal: International Conference : Landslide Processes - From Geomophologic Mapping to Dynamic Modelling in Strassbourg France
- Year: 2009 , Series: Chapter 3: Landslide modeling - Methods for hazard and risk quantification
- Landslides ; Slope Stability ; Geomorphology
- Keywords: spatial landslides analysis ; landslide distribution ; field work
- This paper provides a comprehensive analysis of landslide distribution in the Kayangan cathment, eastern part of Menoreh Mountains, Java, Indonesia. Raster-based GIS was applied in order to analyze the spatial distribution of landslides with parameters maps, e.g. slope, geology, geomorphology, drainage network, landuse, and road networks. 131 landslides were inventoried in the study area through internal reports of village offices followed by extensive field work. Four types of landslides were identified in the study area: slides, slumps, rockfalls, and flows. The landslides are distributed on a wide range of slope gradient and geological setting. Landslide density was 4.21 events.km-2. Most of the landlsides occurred on slope gradients ranging from 20 to 30o (35%) and were associated with roads. The landlside events were controlled not only by natural factors but also human activitis mainly roads construction.