Humboldt has an extensive inventory of all the tools and consumables used for preparing soil samples for triaxial testing. All products adhere to ASTM standards: ASTM D2850, ASTM D2166, ASTM D4767.
Triaxial Sample Prep Items Include:
- Membranes: Made from non-porous latex rubber in sizes from 1.4" to 6" in diameter. Length varies according to the sample diameter.
- Membrane Testers: Easy to use for quick visual detection of possible flaws in membranes.
- Membrane Stretchers: Simple and effective method of sheathing (encasing) sample with latex membrane.
- O-rings: For sealing membranes from confining fluid and sample.
- O-ring Placement Tools: Positions rings to seal membrane with minimum disturbance to the specimen.
- Filter Paper: Used to prevent soil from penetrating into porous stones or into the panel.
- Acrylic Disks: Acrylic disk used in UU triaxial tests.Porous Stones: For permeability and triaxial testing to allow even distribution of water through the sample.
- Sample Trimmers: For use in preparing triaxial samples for testing. Humboldt’s new Soil Sample Trimmer handles samples up to 4" (100mm) in size and utilizes individual, interchangeable top platens for specific sample sizes. A standard Sample Trimmer and Knife Kit for quickly cutting samples to length are also available.
Humboldt has these products in stock and ready-to-ship in sizes from 1.4" (35mm) to 6" (150mm), including accurate metric sizes.