Pile Driving Contractors Association (PDCA), in collaboration with Pile Dynamics, Inc. (PDI), will present a three-day program on Deep Foundation Dynamic Testing and Analysis (DFDTA), over the dates of September 11 - 13, 2019 at the PDI Headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio. Garland Likins, Frank Rausche, Brent Robinson and Ryan Allin will present.
A one-day seminar titled Deep Foundation Integrity Testing and Wave Equation Analysis will be presented on September 11, 2019, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
Learning objectives: At the end of the seminar, attendees will be able to:
- Select an appropriate method of integrity assessment of deep foundations for a particular application.
- Review reports of integrity and dynamic load testing of deep foundations conducted by others.
- Run a basic wave equation analysis of pile driving.
A two-day workshop titled High Strain Dynamic Foundation Testing will also be presented on September 12 - 13, 2019, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm.
Learning objectives: At the end of this two-day workshop attendees will be able to:
- Operate the PDA in a manner conducive to acquiring good quality data
- Assess pile bearing capacity, pile driving stresses, hammer performance and pile integrity by various methods
- Avoid pitfalls when analyzing PDA data with the CAPWAP software
- Interpret PDA testing and CAPWAP software results
- Describe the soil-model used in CAPWAP
- Prepare the input for CAPWAP
- Review options for CAPWAP analysis and output
- Calculate bearing capacity and its distribution for driven piles from impact records
On the third-day, PDCA will also offer the Dynamic Measurement and Analysis Proficiency Test, a 90-minute, multiple-choice exam that will cover the theory of Wave Mechanics, Case Method (PDA) equations, data quality assessment, data interpretation, and basic CAPWAP analysis.
The fee to attend the seminar on September 11, 2019, is $300.00. The fee to attend the workshop on September 12 - 13, 2019 is $550.00. An Early Bird discount with $50.00 off both the seminar and workshop registration fee will be offered until August 9, 2019. The fee to take the Dynamic Measurement and Analysis Proficiency Test is $200.00.
For full program information and registration form, click here