- News Center
- Publications Home
- Online Library
- ISSMGE's Case Histories Journal
Top 10 papers
- Top 10 papers on the Flat Dilatometer
- Top 10 papers on the properties of Municipal Solid-Waste
- Top 10 papers on the Cone Penetration Test
- Top 10 Introductory Papers on Macroscopic Soil Plasticity Constitutive Modelling
- Top 10 papers on the Pressuremeter
- Top 10 papers on Embankment Dams
- Top 10 papers on Active Faulting
- Top 10 papers on Surface Wave Analysis for Geotechnical Site Characterization
- Featured Books
- Geoeducational Guide 2014
- Education Home
- Educational Websites
Web-based Class Projects
- Geoenvironmental Remediation Technologies
- Selected Topics in Ground Improvement
- Rock Mechanics
- Uranium Mill Tailings Remediation in the United States
- Biodegradation in Municipal Solid Waste landfills
- Sediment Quality Guidelines (SQGs): A Review and Their Use in Practice
- Investigating Soil Remediation Techniques for Military Explosive and Weapons Contaminated Sites
- Soil Remediation Techniques: Examination of In Situ Chemical Oxidation
- Monitoring of waste degradation processes for sustainable MSW landfills
- Landfill Gas Monitoring Systems
- Ralph Peck Legacy Website
- James K. Mitchell Legacy Website
Top 10 papers on the Flat Dilatometer
Most of the following 10 papers (and of other relevant papers) are downloadable from the website: http://www.marchetti-dmt.it/
- Technical Committee TC16 (2001) "The DMT in Soil Investigations". A Report by ISSMGE's TC16, 41 pp.
- ASTM D6635-01 (2002) "Standard Test Method for Performing the Flat Plate Dilatometer". Book of Standards Vol. 04.09, 15 pp.
- Eurocode 7, (1997) "Geotechnical Design. Part 3: Design assisted by field tests, Flat Dilatometer Test (DMT)".
- Marchetti S. (2002) "The Flat dilatometer". Lecture at 3rd Croatian Conf. On Soil Mechanics and Geot. Engineering, Hvar, 36 pp.
- Marchetti, S. (1980) "In Situ Tests by Flat Dilatometer". Journal of the Geotechn. Engineering Division, ASCE, Vol. 106, No. GT3, Proc. Paper 15290, pp. 299-321.
- Totani, Calabrese, Monaco (1998)."In situ determination of Ch by Flat Dilatometer (DMT)". Proc. First Intnl Conf. on Site Characterization ISC '98, Atlanta, Georgia (USA), pp. 883-888.
- Robertson, P.K., Davies, M.P. & Campanella, R.G. (1987) "Design of Laterally Loaded Driven Piles Using the Flat Plate Dilatometer". Geotechn. Testing Jnl, Vol. 12, No. 1: pp. 30-38.
- Schmertmann, J.H.et al.(1986) "CPT/DMT Quality Control of Ground Modification at a Power Plant". Proc. In situ '86 ASCE Spec. Conf. Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, pp. 985-1001.
- Reyna, F. & Chameau, J.L. (1991) "Dilatometer Based Liquefaction Potential of Sites in the Imperial Valley". 2nd Int. Conf. on Recent Advances in Geot. Earthquake Engrg. and Soil Dyn. St. Louis. May, 7 pp.
- Iwasaki K. et. al (1991) "Applicability of the Marchetti Dilatometer Test to Soft Ground in Japan". GEOCOAST '91, Sept. 1991, Yokohama 1/6, 4 pp.