- News Center
- Publications Home
- Online Library
- ISSMGE's Case Histories Journal
Top 10 papers
- Top 10 papers on the Flat Dilatometer
- Top 10 papers on the properties of Municipal Solid-Waste
- Top 10 papers on the Cone Penetration Test
- Top 10 Introductory Papers on Macroscopic Soil Plasticity Constitutive Modelling
- Top 10 papers on the Pressuremeter
- Top 10 papers on Embankment Dams
- Top 10 papers on Active Faulting
- Top 10 papers on Surface Wave Analysis for Geotechnical Site Characterization
- Featured Books
- Geoeducational Guide 2014
- Education Home
- Educational Websites
Web-based Class Projects
- Geoenvironmental Remediation Technologies
- Selected Topics in Ground Improvement
- Rock Mechanics
- Uranium Mill Tailings Remediation in the United States
- Biodegradation in Municipal Solid Waste landfills
- Sediment Quality Guidelines (SQGs): A Review and Their Use in Practice
- Investigating Soil Remediation Techniques for Military Explosive and Weapons Contaminated Sites
- Soil Remediation Techniques: Examination of In Situ Chemical Oxidation
- Monitoring of waste degradation processes for sustainable MSW landfills
- Landfill Gas Monitoring Systems
- Ralph Peck Legacy Website
- James K. Mitchell Legacy Website
Top 10 papers on the Cone Penetration Test
by Professor Paul W. Mayne, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology.
List compiled in May 2003
Top 10 papers in Alphabetical Order
- Campanella, R.G. and Robertson, P.K. (1988), "Current status of the piezocone test", Penetration Testing 1988, Vol. 1 (Proc. ISOPT-1, Orlando), Balkema, Rotterdam, 93-116.
- Jamiolkowski, M., Ladd, C.C., Germaine, J. and Lancellotta, R. (1985), "New developments in field and lab testing of soils", Proceedings, 11th Intl. Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundations Engineering, Vol. 1, San Francisco, 57-154.
- Lunne, T., Lacasse, S., and Rad, N.S. (1994). "General report: CPT, PMT, and recent developments in in-situ testing." Proceedings, 12th ICSMFE, Vol. 4, Rio de Janeiro, 2339-2403.
- Mayne, P.W. (1991). "Determination of OCR in clays by piezocone tests using cavity expansion and critical state concepts." Soils and Foundations, Vol. 31 (2), 65-76
- Powell, J.J.K., Quarterman, R.S.T. and Lunne, T. (1988). "Interpretation and use of the piezocone test in UK clays", Penetration Testing in the UK, Thomas Telford, London, 151-156.
- Robertson, P.K. and Campanella, R.G. (1983). "Interpretation of cone penetration tests: sands and clays". Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Vol. 20 (4), 719-745.
- Robertson, P.K. (1990). "Soil classification using the cone penetration test". Canadian Geotechnical Journal 27 (1), 151-158.
- Senneset, K., Sandven, R. and Janbu, N. (1989). "Evaluation of soil parameters from piezocone tests". Transportation Research Record 1235, National Academy Press, Washington, DC, 24-37.
- Teh, C.I. and Houlsby, G.T. (1991). "An analytical study of the cone penetration test in clay". Geotechnique 41 (1), 17-34.
- Wroth, C.P. (1984). "The interpretation of in-situ soil tests". (The 24th Rankine Lecture). Geotechnique 34 (4), 449-489.